Home > Apologetics, Bible Study, Israel, Israel and the Church, Millennial Kingdom, Prophecy, Prophecy and Mystery, Tribulation > Israel’s History: from Her Calling to Her Kingdom
Israel’s History: from Her Calling to Her Kingdom
Dr. Mike Johnston
- An earthly Kingdom in Jerusalem, Israel has been on God’s agenda from the beginning (Matt. 25:34).
- God’s will and His Word have been revealed though God’s inspired servants the prophets (2 Kings 9:7; 17:13; Ezra 9:11; see especially Amos 3:7).
- Israel exists from prophecy spoken by the mouth of His holy prophets since the world began (Luke 1:70; Acts 3:21).
- God chose and Covenanted with Abraham; commissioning him as prophet (Gen. 20:7) and the father of Israel (Gen. 17:5; Deut. 9:5; Matt. 3:9; Luke 1:55; etc) whereby blessing would flow through his family, from His calling to her Kingdom (Gen. 12:1-8; 13:14-18; 15; 17; see Ex. 19:5; etc).
- Over the years, God expanded the Abrahamic Covenant four times to include Kingdom laws (Ex. 20:1 – 31:18); land (Deut. 30:1-10); and a Jewish born King with a New Covenant Constitution for the Kingdom (2 Sam. 7:8-16; Matt. 5-7; Jer. 31:31-40).
- God specified Israel’s Kingdom would commence following a 490 year prophecy of seventy weeks of seven years broken into two parts: 483 years and 7 years that the nation Israel herself must fulfill (Dan. 9:24-27).
- “When the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth His Son, made of a woman, made under the law” (Gal. 4:4) who offered Israel her Kingdom, and was rejected precisely at the end of the 69th week just as Daniel prophesied (Luke 1:32-33; Matt. 4:17; Dan. 9:244-26).
- Israel’s seventieth week is currently on hold until he who now letteth be taken out of the way (2 Thess. 2:6-7) and the time of Jacob’s trouble (Jer. 30:7; Dan. 12:1; Zeph 1:15) aka the Tribulation (Deut. 4:30-31; Matt. 24:21, 29; Rev. 7:14) begins.
- The Lord Jesus will return to earth immediately after the tribulation to fulfill the Covenant’s by inaugurating the thousand year Millennial Kingdom in Jerusalem (2 Sam. 7:8-16; Ezek. 34:11-31; Zech. 14; Rev. 19:11-20:7).
- Once Israel’s Covenants are fulfilled – and bear in mind they MUST BE – eternity will begin.