The Preeminence of the Lord Jesus Christ
TODAY and always it’s about the preeminence of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ: Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
His is the ONLY NAME in which to obtain salvation
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Our Lord Jesus Christ is preeminent in all things
Colossians 1:14-19 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
Everyone will worship Him
Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
He is alpha and omega
Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Revelation 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: a
Revelation 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Revelation 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
He is King of kings, and Lord of lords
1 Timothy 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
Revelation 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
DO YOU KNOW HIM AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOUR?
1. We are all sinners: (Romans 3:10) As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
2. It is impossible for sinners in this condition to ever please God: (Romans 3:23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
3. Our inherited sin nature has doomed us to die: (Romans 5:12) Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
4. While we were lost in our sin, unable to please God, and doomed to die, Christ died for us: (Romans 5:8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
5. Eternal life is now made available to anyone through Christ: (Romans 6:23) For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
6. Salvation comes by believing in and confessing Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour and makes us acceptable to God: (Romans 10:9-10) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. (10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
7. Salvation is promised RIGHT NOW to anyone who will cry out to the Lord Jesus for it: (Romans 10:13) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.